How to Sell Antiques
As experts in appraising and auctioning Italian glass, jewelry, weapons, fine art and other antiques, Antique Helper wants to help you get the most value out of items you intend to sell at auction. We provide a variety of options to help you sell your antiques and art most effectively. We have two types of auctions available to sellers and consignors.
Express Auctions are typically for items that can go straight to our auction floor without being featured in a catalogue. These auctions are documented online, but online bidding is not currently available for express auctions. If you have been wondering how to sell antiques, and need an appraisal on your items or collectibles, an we offer free appraisals with the intent to sell your items at auction. To see our consignment agreement, click here (link to consigment agreement)
A Catalogued Auction is primarily for antiques, art and collections of higher value. Items being sold at an in-house catalogue auction are also featured in our catalogues to promote the auction and items for sale. Catalogued auctions are available for bidding online. If you have been wondering how to sell collectibles, antiques or fine art, and need an appraisal, an we offer free appraisals with the intent to sell your items at auction. To see our consignment agreement, click here (link to consigment agreement).
How to Sell Art, Collectibles and Antiques at Antique Helper
If you're interested in selling your items or collections, Antique Helper has an easy process to help you get the most value from your sale. From the beginning stages of contacting us and delivering photos to the final sale and payment, we work alongside you through every step of the process to ensure you're getting the value you deserve from auction.
Here is a general step-by-step guide to selling at auction with Antique Helper:
- Send us an email with images of your items attached. Or you can bring your items into our office in Indianapolis.
- We will usually determine the appropriate auction for your items or collection based on photos. Your photos will help us get a general understanding of the value assigned to the items you're interested in selling.
- If items are eligible to be sold at a catalogued auction, we ask you to bring your items into our office to be photographed in-studio for our catalogue. We will write descriptions of your items.
- For catalogued auctions, we will market your items both in catalogues and online. Our catalogues are generally published online two weeks prior to auction.
- Preview night. We like to have potential buyers come in and preview the items prior to being sold at auction.
- Payment is provided to seller within 30 days of a catalogued auction and within 2 weeks for express auctions.
All fees are arranged at the time of contracting our services. No fees will be added without prior c...MORE
Can you pick up my item(s) or do I need to make arrangements to bring them to you?
It is your responsibility to transport your items to us. Arrangements can be made for pick up and/or...MORE